Discover the incredible sound of the Ibanez AEW51 guitar, perfect for any skill level, and experience the joy of playing music today!
The Ibanez AEW51 is an acoustic-electric guitar that stands out for its stunning looks and solid sound. It is a part of Ibanez’s AEW series, which features instruments that combine exotic tonewoods with modern acoustic technologies.
Design-wise, the AEW51 is definitely a head-turner. Its most striking feature is the spalted maple top, which showcases a unique natural pattern of dark lines and swirls. This is complemented by a brown mahogany back and sides, as well as an abalone rosette and purfling. The guitar’s crisp looking design is further enhanced by its single cutaway, which allows for easy access to the higher frets.
Beyond its aesthetics, the AEW51 also boasts impressive tonal properties. The combination of spalted maple and mahogany woods delivers a balanced, warm sound that is clear and full in the midrange. The guitar also comes equipped with Ibanez’s AEQ-SP2 preamp and a Fishman Sonicore pickup, which offers reliable amplification and easy control of the guitar’s tone.
The AEW51 has a slim, comfortable neck made of Nyatoh wood, which offers excellent playability for everything from fingerpicking to strumming. The guitar’s rosewood fretboard and bridge add to its overall durability, while its chrome die-cast tuners keep the guitar in tune long after you’ve finished playing.
Whether you’re a new player or a seasoned musician, the Ibanez AEW51 is a magnificent guitar that offers both quality design and superior sound. Its vibrant and stunning looks make it the perfect instrument to take center stage, while its adaptable sound is perfect for a range of musical styles. So, if you’re looking for an acoustic-electric guitar that is as striking as it is versatile, the Ibanez AEW51 is definitely worth considering.
Ibanez AEW51 properties
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are some common issues with Ibanez AEW51 acoustic guitars, and how can they be resolved?
Ibanez AEW51 is a popular budget-friendly acoustic guitar that has been providing musicians with an affordable option for years. However, like any other guitar, it's not without its problems. Here are some common issues with Ibanez AEW51 guitars and their solutions:
1. Poor intonation: This issue is often caused by incorrect saddle placement or a poorly cut nut. To resolve this, you need to adjust the saddle height and position accordingly. You may also need to replace the nut if it's not properly cut.
2. Fret buzz: If your guitar has fret buzz, it could be due to high frets or incorrect string height. Lowering the action by adjusting the truss rod can help fix this problem. If the buzz persists, you may need to refret your guitar.
3. Poor sound quality: If your Ibanez AEW51 sounds tinny or lacks resonance, there could be several reasons behind it. First, check if the strings are too old and replace them with new ones. Second, ensure that the bridge saddle is correctly seated and aligned with the top of the guitar body. Lastly, inspect the bracing inside the soundhole for any damage or warping.
4. Tuning stability: If your guitar goes out of tune easily, it could be due to loose tuners or worn-out gear teeth in the tuner mechanism. Tightening the screws on each tuner post should solve this problem. Alternatively, you can replace the entire set of tuners with higher quality ones for better stability.
5. Neck warping: Over time, exposure to moisture and temperature fluctuations can cause the neck of your Ibanez AEW51 to warp. This issue requires professional attention as it involves adjusting the truss rod or even replacing the entire neck.
6. Finish issues: Some buyers have reported issues with finish chips and scratches on their Ibanez AEW51 guitars. While this might not affect the guitar's playability, it can detract from its aesthetic appeal. You may consider refinishing your guitar if these cosmetic flaws bother you.
Remember that regular maintenance and proper care will help keep your Ibanez AEW51 in top condition. If you're unsure about any repairs or adjustments, don't hesitate to consult a professional luthier.
What are the recommended string gauges for the Ibanez AEW51 acoustic-electric guitar?
The Ibanez AEW51 acoustic-electric guitar is designed for players who want a versatile and comfortable instrument to play. The recommended string gauge for this model would be 12-53 or 12-54, which are common sizes used in acoustic guitars.
A lighter gauge like 12-53 offers easier playability but may not produce as much volume or sustain as a heavier gauge. On the other hand, a heavier gauge like 12-54 will provide more volume and sustain but could make the strings feel stiffer and harder to bend.
Ultimately, it's up to personal preference - try both gauges out and see which one you prefer!