Experience unparalleled versatility with the Novation Circuit midi keyboard – perfect for musicians and producers of all skill levels!
Novation Circuit: A Revolutionary MIDI Device
Novation, a leading manufacturer of MIDI controllers and performance equipment, has always been an innovator in the field of music technology. Its latest product, the Novation Circuit, is a groundbreaking MIDI device that combines the best features of a synthesizer, drum machine, and sequencer into a single, portable unit.
With over 60 seconds of sample memory, two six-voice polyphonic synth engines, and four-part drum machine, the Novation Circuit is a versatile and powerful music production tool. It features a step sequencer that allows users to program rhythmic patterns and melodies, with up to 64 steps per pattern. The device also has a grid-style interface that makes it easy to input and edit patterns, without the need for a computer or other external device.
One of the most exciting features of the Novation Circuit is its ability to generate a wide range of sounds, thanks to its two synth engines. These engines offer a variety of sound-shaping tools, including a selection of oscillator, filter, and envelope settings. The device also includes a wide range of effects, including reverb, delay, and distortion, to further enhance the sound of individual tracks.
Another standout feature of the Novation Circuit is its portability. Weighing in at just over two pounds, the device is both compact and lightweight, making it easy to take on the go. It also runs on battery power, giving users the freedom to create music anywhere, without the need for an external power source.
In addition to its hardware capabilities, the Novation Circuit also comes with a suite of software tools, including a standalone software editor and the Novation Components browser-based platform. The editor allows users to fine-tune their sounds and sequences, while the Components platform provides access to a range of additional features, such as sample import and sharing.
Overall, the Novation Circuit is a powerful and flexible MIDI device that offers a rich set of performance features, while remaining easy to use and highly portable. Whether you’re a seasoned producer or just starting out, the Novation Circuit offers a new and exciting way to create and perform music, without the need for a computer or other external gear.
Novation Circuit properties
Frequently Asked Questions:
"Can I connect my MIDI keyboard directly to a NovaTionius Circuit without needing any additional hardware or software?"
No, you cannot connect your MIDI keyboard directly to a Novation Circuit without needing additional hardware or software. The Circuit does not have built-in MIDI inputs. While the Circuit has 16 onboard pads that can function as a basic MIDI controller, it does not have standard MIDI in/out ports for connecting external MIDI gear directly.
To use your MIDI keyboard with a Novation Circuit, you will need to connect it via USB or purchase a standalone MIDI interface like the Novation Launchkey Mini MK2 or a similar device that has standard MIDI in/out ports and can be connected to your Circuit.
Alternatively, you could use software-based solutions on a computer (if you're using Circuit as a standalone device) or an iPad (if you're using the Circuit for iOS). With these solutions, you will need to connect your MIDI keyboard via USB, Lightning or another compatible connector to the computer/iPad and then route its MIDI signals to the Circuit application. This can be done using a variety of software applications such as AUM or Audiobus for iOS, or a combination of Ableton Live Lite, Novation's Automap Pro, and a MIDI routing software like LoopMIDI for desktop computers.
How can I map specific notes to individual keys on my Novation Circuit MIDI Keyboard?
Beginner's Guide to Novation Circuit | Mapping Notes & Chords
Mapping specific notes to individual keys on your Novation Circuit MIDI Keyboard is a simple process. and here are the steps to do it:
1. Begin by opening up your digital audio workstation (DAW) software, such as Ableton Live or Logic Pro X.
2. Select the MIDI Controller option in the settings menu to open the MIDI controller settings page.
3. Locate and select the Novation Circuit MIDI Keyboard from the list of available MIDI controllers.
4. Click on the Edit button located next to the Novation Circuit MIDI Keyboard slot, which will open up the mapping editor window.
5. In the mapping editor window, locate and click on the "Key Mapping" tab at the top of the screen.
6. On the Key Mapping tab, you will see a list of available keys that can be assigned to specific notes on your keyboard. By default, most of these keys are already assigned to common note ranges such as C, D, E, etc. However, if this does not match what you're looking for, you'll want to modify the key assignments.
7. Click and drag across the available keys to select the ones that correspond to your desired notes.
8. To change a key assignment, click on the key in question and then use the numeric keypad or alphabetical keypad to input the note name (e.g., middle C is 61). Alternatively, you can type out the note name using the software's keyboard shortcuts.
9. Once you have mapped your desired notes to their corresponding keys, click on the "Save" button located at the top of the mapping editor window to save your settings.
That's it! You now have successfully mapped specific notes to individual keys on your Novation Circuit MIDI Keyboard.