Experience the dynamic and authentic feel of a grand piano wherever you go with the sleek and portable Yamaha NP-32 piano.
As a sound-equipped instrument, a piano can be an essential tool for any aspiring musician. With hundreds of different models, the choices can sometimes become overwhelming. One of the best options currently on the market is the Yamaha NP-32 piano.
The Yamaha NP-32 is a high-quality, lightweight, and portable electronic piano with enough features and functionality to satisfy both novice and expert pianists. It was released in 2016, and it became an instant hit due to its affordability and quality.
One of the standout features of the NP-32 is the Graded Soft Touch keyboard. This feature provides graded action and a natural touch response that is similar to the standard piano keys. The NP-32’s keys are graced with an ivory-like texture that makes the playing experience more comfortable than ever.
Another feature is its 64-note polyphony, which ensures that notes are sounded even when you play complex chords and melodies. The piano also features ten voices, including grand piano, electric piano, violin, harpsichord, organ, and more. The piano’s high-end stereo sound, which comes from 6W amplifiers and a set of speakers, makes all these voices sound amazing.
The NP-32 also has built-in reverb effects that allow the player to add depth to the sound, thus providing a more natural sound quality. Additionally, the piano comes with an on-board metronome which offers a range of tempos for practice and is suited for die-hard musicians who want to perfect their craft.
Finally, the Yamaha NP-32 offers a USB to Host connection. This connection means that your piano can be connected to your laptop, smartphone, or tablet. You can use this feature to connect with software programs, such as a digital audio workstation or virtual instruments. This feature enables you to create and record your songs which you can later play back using the piano’s built-in speakers.
The Yamaha NP-32 is a superb, high-quality digital piano that provides outstanding sound quality, and playability, yet reasonably priced. It is an ideal choice for novice and experienced pianists who want a portable, easy-to-use piano with lots of features. With the Yamaha NP-32, you have a quality and reliable instrument that will take your music to new heights.
Yamaha NP-32 properties
|Stage and Digital Piano
|Number of Keys
|Dual Layer, Touch Sensitive
|Electrical Cable to Wall Socket
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the process for updating the firmware on my Yamaha NP-32?
To update the firmware on your Yamaha NP-32, follow these steps:
1. Download the latest firmware from the official Yamaha website (https://www.yamaha.com/) or contact Yamaha support for assistance in finding the correct firmware. The firmware file will have a .mid extension.
2. Connect your NP-32 to your computer using a USB cable. Turn on the power switch of your NP-32 and make sure it's set to "MIDI" mode.
3. Open the Yamaha Synthesizer Editor/Librarian software on your computer (you can download this from the official website as well). If you don't have the software, you may need to install it first before proceeding.
4. In the Synthesizer Editor/Librarian, select "File" > "Firmware Update" from the menu bar.
5. Click on the "Browse" button and locate the downloaded firmware file (.mid). Select it and click "Open."
6. The software will automatically detect your connected NP-32. If not, you may need to select the correct MIDI device from the dropdown menu.
7. Click on the "Update Firmware" button in the software. The firmware update process will begin and can take a few minutes to complete. Do not disconnect the USB cable or turn off your NP-32 during this process.
8. Once the update is finished, you'll see a message confirming that the update has been successful. Your NP-32 should now have the latest firmware version installed.
What are the basic steps to connect my Yamaha NP-32 to a computer for using MIDI software?
Here's how you can connect your Yamaha NP-32 to a computer and use it with MIDI software. Follow these steps:
1. Purchase a USB-MIDI adapter: You will need a USB-to-MIDI interface or adapter to connect your Yamaha NP-32 keyboard to your computer. There are many options available, choose one that meets your budget and requirements.
2. Connect the USB-MIDI adapter to your computer: Plug the USB end of the adapter into a free USB port on your computer and ensure it's recognized by the operating system.
3. Connect the Yamaha NP-32 keyboard to the adapter: Using a MIDI cable, connect the output port (usually labeled as THRU or OUT) on the back of your Yamaha NP-32 keyboard to the input port (often marked as IN or IN1) of the USB-MIDI adapter.
4. Install drivers: If needed, install the drivers that came with your USB-MIDI adapter. The software might vary depending on the adapter model you choose.
5. Launch MIDI software: Open the MIDI software or DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) of your choice and ensure it recognizes the connected Yamaha NP-32 keyboard as a MIDI input device. You can do this by going to the preferences or settings menu in the software and selecting the USB-MIDI adapter as your input source.
6. Set up the MIDI channels: Ensure that both the Yamaha NP-32 and the MIDI software are set to the same MIDI channel, typically Channel 1. This can usually be done by going to the settings or preferences menu in the software and selecting Channel 1 as your input source.
7. Test the connection: Play a note on your Yamaha NP-32 keyboard and check if it's being recognized by the MIDI software. If you see notes being played on the screen, congratulations! You have successfully connected your Yamaha NP-32 keyboard to a computer for using MIDI software.