PRS SE A60E
Get the best of both worlds with the PRS SE A60E acoustic-electric guitar – unparalleled sound quality, superior craftsmanship, and superior playability.
The PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar is a dream instrument for any music enthusiast, be it an amateur or a professional. This guitar belongs to the SE Angelus series of PRS guitars, which is the most popular acoustic guitar range by the company. PRS SE A60E is an aesthetically exquisite instrument and remarkable in its playability, sound quality, and craftsmanship.
The PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar features an all-mahogany construction, including solid mahogany back and sides, and a solid Sitka spruce top with a stunning Abaco green veneer. This guitar also features a PRS X-bracing pattern, which enhances and balances its projection and tonality. This tonewood combination produces a warm sound with a well-defined bass and a clear midrange.
The PRS SE A60E’s neck is also made of mahogany and has a comfortable, easy-to-play shape. The fingerboard of this guitar is made of ebony with a 20-fret capacity, and its inlays are composed of PRS birds. The guitar comes with a PRS TUSQ nut and saddle, which contributes to its precise intonation and tone. Furthermore, the PRS SE A60E’s construction includes an under-saddle pickup and the Fishman GT1 preamp system. This setup offers a reliable and easy-to-use solution for amplifying this guitar’s sound without compromising its natural acoustics.
The PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar is a beautifully designed instrument with a modern, luxurious, and elegant style. Its green veneer top, gold PRS’s logo, and rosewood binding with a white/black pinstripe are all features that contribute to this guitar’s premium appearance. The guitar has a high-gloss finish that gives it a sophisticated look.
In conclusion, the PRS SE A60E acoustic is a fantastic option for players seeking a versatile and tightly constructed instrument. Its warm and balanced sound, comfortable neck, and luxurious design make this guitar ideal for any live performance, recording or practice setting. Whether you are a novice or an experienced musician, the PRS SE A60E guitar is an excellent choice for playing and owning a high-quality instrument with a perfect balance of playability, tone, and craftsmanship.
PRS SE A60E properties
|Number of Strings
|Number of Frets
|Wood Type (front)
|Wood Type (back)
|Wood Type (body sides)
|Wood Type (neck)
|Wood Type (fretboard)
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are some tips for maintaining and caring for my PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar?
To keep your PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar in optimal condition, follow these maintenance tips:
1. Clean the strings regularly: Wipe down the strings after every playing session to remove dirt and grime. Use a clean, dry cloth or microfiber towel for this purpose.
2. Change strings when necessary: Replace the strings at least once a year or more often if they start to look worn out or lose their tone.
3. Keep the guitar in a humidity-controlled environment: Excessive moisture can cause wood to swell and crack, while dry air can lead to shrinkage and cracks as well. Store your PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar in an area with moderate humidity levels between 45-55%.
4. Use a humidifier: If you live in an area with low humidity or during winter months, consider using a guitar humidifier to maintain the ideal humidity level within your guitar's case. This will help prevent damage caused by excessive dryness.
5. Store your guitar properly: Always store your PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar in its hard case when not in use. This protects it from dust, dirt, and potential damage caused by accidental knocks or bumps.
6. Regularly inspect the bridge and saddle: Check for cracks or signs of wear in these areas as they can affect the guitar's intonation and tone. Replace them if necessary.
7. Clean the fretboard: Use a soft, damp cloth to gently clean the fretboard. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could damage the finish or wood.
8. Periodically check tuning pegs: Make sure they're tight and functioning correctly. If you notice any issues, consult with a professional guitar technician for assistance.
9. Consider professional setup services: Over time, your PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar may require adjustments to its action height, neck relief, and intonation. These can be performed by a skilled luthier or guitar technician who specializes in these types of repairs.
10. Don't forget about electronics (if applicable): If your PRS SE A60E acoustic-electric guitar has built-in pickup and preamp systems, ensure they're functioning properly by checking battery life and connections regularly.
What are some common maintenance tasks I should perform on my PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar to keep it in good condition?
Here are some common maintenance tasks you should perform on your PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar to keep it in good condition:
1. Clean the strings regularly: It's essential to clean the strings after every playing session to remove dirt, sweat, and oils. You can use a guitar string cleaner or a simple cloth soaked in mild soap water for this purpose.
2. Replace strings when needed: Over time, guitar strings wear out, and it's important to change them periodically (about every 2-3 months) to maintain the sound quality and playability of your instrument.
3. Clean the fretboard: Use a soft cloth dampened with water or mild soap to clean the fretboard gently. Avoid using harsh chemicals that can damage the finish or fret material.
4. Keep the guitar case clean: Make sure you store your PRS SE A60E in a clean and dry case when not in use. This will help protect it from dust, moisture, and potential damage.
5. Check tuning pegs regularly: Ensure that your guitar stays in tune by checking the tuning pegs frequently. If any are loose or not working properly, tighten them or replace them if necessary.
6. Monitor bridge and nut condition: Inspect the bridge and nut for signs of wear or damage. Replace them if needed to maintain proper intonation and playability.
7. Use a humidifier (if applicable): If you live in an area with low humidity, consider using a guitar humidifier to help prevent cracking or warping of the wood.
8. Periodic professional setup: Have your PRS SE A60E checked by a professional luthier at least once every year or two for a thorough inspection and adjustment of the truss rod, nut slots, bridge saddle height, and intonation.
9. Store guitar properly: When storing your acoustic guitar for an extended period, use a guitar stand or hang it on a wall to prevent any pressure on its body.
10. Protect from extreme temperatures and humidity changes: Extreme temperature fluctuations and rapid changes in humidity can cause damage to your PRS SE A60E. Try to store it in a stable environment with consistent temperature and humidity levels.
By following these maintenance tasks, you'll ensure that your PRS SE A60E acoustic guitar remains in excellent condition for years to come.