Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String
The Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String is the perfect combination of style and sound, offering superb tonal and projection quality for any guitarist.
Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String acoustic guitar is a versatile and affordable instrument that delivers great sound and playability. This guitar is perfect for the beginner or intermediate player who wants to explore the world of 12-string guitars.
The Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String acoustic guitar is constructed with a solid spruce top, laminated mahogany back and sides, and a mahogany neck with a rosewood fingerboard. This combination of woods creates a warm, full-bodied sound with excellent projection.
The guitar features Fender’s Fishman Isys III pickup system, which delivers great amplified sound. The system includes a built-in tuner and volume and tone controls located on the top edge of the guitar for easy access.
The CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String’s bridge is also made of rosewood with a compensated saddle for improved intonation. The guitar’s headstock is equipped with chrome die-cast tuners that are easy to turn, ensuring accurate tuning.
This guitar is perfect for playing a wide range of musical styles, from folk to blues to rock. Whether you’re strumming chords or fingerpicking intricate arrangements, the Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String acoustic guitar is up to the task.
In terms of design, the guitar is sleek, with a glossy finish and a natural wood pattern visible through the gloss. The dreadnought body shape also looks great on stage or in the studio.
In conclusion, the Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String acoustic guitar is a great instrument for players of all levels. Its solid construction, great sound, and versatile playability make it an excellent choice for anyone looking to invest in a quality 12-string guitar.
Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String properties
|Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String
|Number of Strings
|Number of Frets
|Wood Type (front)
|Wood Type (back)
|Wood Type (body sides)
|Wood Type (neck)
|Wood Type (fretboard)
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are some tips for beginners to get started with playing my Fender CD-60SCE Dreadnought 12-String Acoustic Guitar?
1. Start by learning basic chords: Beginners should start by learning the most common chords like A, D, E, G, C, and F. These are the basic building blocks for playing songs on the guitar.
2. Practice strumming techniques: Once you've learned a few chords, practice strumming them one at a time and then combine them to play simple songs or progressions. Start slow and gradually increase your speed as you become more comfortable with the chord changes.
3. Develop finger dexterity: One of the challenges of playing a 12-string guitar is that it requires greater finger strength and dexterity than a regular six-string guitar. To build up these skills, practice exercises like scales and arpeggios to strengthen your fingers and improve your coordination.
4. Use a capo: A capo is an essential tool for 12-string guitarists as it allows you to play in different keys without having to constantly change the chord shapes. Learn how to use a capo properly and experiment with placing it on different frets to explore new sounds and chord progressions.
5. Play along with your favorite songs: Choose some of your favorite songs that are within your current skill level and play along with them using the chords and strumming patterns you've learned so far. This will help you develop your ear for music and improve your overall musicianship.
6. Experiment with different tunings: The standard tuning for a 12-string guitar is the same as a regular six-string guitar, but there are also various alternative tunings that can create unique sounds and textures. Try experimenting with different tunings to find one that suits your style and preferences.
7. Join a local music community: Connecting with other musicians is an excellent way to grow as a player. Look for local jam sessions, open mics, or guitar groups where you can meet like-minded individuals who share your passion for playing the guitar.
8. Take lessons: If you're serious about learning how to play the 12-string guitar, consider taking lessons from a qualified instructor. They can provide personalized guidance and feedback to help you improve your technique and reach your goals faster.
9. Practice regularly: Like any skill, playing the guitar requires consistent practice to get better. Set aside dedicated time each day or week to work on specific techniques, learn new songs, or explore different styles of music.
10. Have fun: Above all else, remember that playing the guitar should be enjoyable! Don't get too caught up in perfecting every detail or comparing yourself to other musicians. Embrace your unique style and enjoy the process of learning and growing as a player.
What are some recommended maintenance and care tips for the Fender CD-60SCe Dreadnought 12-string acoustic guitar?
The Fender CD-60SCe Dreadnought 12-string acoustic guitar is a beautiful instrument that requires proper maintenance and care to keep it sounding great and looking good for years to come. Here are some recommended tips:
1. **Regular Cleaning:** Wipe down the body, neck, and fretboard of your guitar with a soft, dry cloth after each use. This will remove dust, sweat, and other contaminants that can damage your instrument over time.
2. **String Maintenance:** Change your strings regularly – at least every 3-4 months or more frequently if you play often. Dirty or worn-out strings can affect the tone of your guitar and make it harder to play. Always use high-quality strings designed specifically for a 12-string guitar.
3. **Humidity Control:** The wood in your guitar is sensitive to changes in humidity. Store your instrument in a room with stable humidity levels between 45% - 55%. If you live in an area with extreme weather conditions, consider using a humidifier or dehumidifier to maintain the right environment for your guitar.
4. **Tuning and Set Up:** Have a professional technician check your guitar's tuning and set up periodically. This includes adjusting the truss rod, nut, and saddle height to ensure proper intonation and playability.
5. **Protective Case:** Always store your guitar in a protective case when not in use. This helps protect it from accidental bumps, scratches, and other damage. Choose a case that fits snugly around your instrument without putting too much pressure on the body or neck.
6. **Polishing:** Occasionally polish your guitar's finish with a gentle cleaner specifically designed for guitars. This helps restore shine and protect against wear and tear. Avoid using harsh chemicals, abrasive materials, or excessive heat that could damage the wood or finish.
7. **Playing Technique:** Use proper playing technique to avoid putting unnecessary stress on your guitar. For example, always hold the neck at the body joint rather than close to the bridge or headstock. This helps prevent warping and other structural issues.
By following these maintenance tips, you can help ensure that your Fender CD-60SCe Dreadnought 12-string acoustic guitar stays in great condition for many years of enjoyable playing.