Yamaha Revstar RS502
Let Yamaha Revstar RS502 rock your world with its classic styling, lightweight design, and powerful tone!
Yamaha, a well-known brand in the music industry, has been delivering quality guitars for over 50 years. And with the release of the Revstar RS502, Yamaha proves yet again why they are considered a leading brand in the field of electric guitars.
At first glance, the Revstar RS502’s design may seem modern and edgy, but beneath its rugged exterior lies a guitar that emanates traditional Japanese craftsmanship. Its body is made of solid mahogany, topped off with a flame maple veneer, giving it an elegant and classic look.
One of the main features of the Revstar RS502 is its set-in neck, which is a departure from Yamaha’s usual bolt-on style. The set-in neck enhances sustain, improves tone, and makes the guitar more comfortable to hold and play. It’s also made of a mahogany and rosewood combo, which adds warmth and a bit of brightness to the sound.
The Revstar RS502 is powered by two humbucking pickups designed by Yamaha, the VP5 and VP5+. These pickups provide a broad range of tonal possibilities, from the punchy and bluesy tones of the bridge pickup to the smooth and warm sound of the neck pickup. The pickups can be controlled with a master volume and tone knob, as well as a three-way selector switch.
The Revstar RS502’s hardware is impeccable, with a tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece ensuring perfect intonation and stable tuning. The guitar’s machine heads are also locking, which means once the guitar is in tune, it stays that way, no matter how hard you play.
The Revstar RS502 is an extremely versatile guitar, suitable for a variety of musical genres. Its rich and dynamic tones make it perfect for blues, rock, and heavy metal music styles, but it can also produce subtle and mellow sounds suitable for jazz and country genres.
In conclusion, the Yamaha Revstar RS502 is an excellent guitar for players of all levels, from beginners to professional musicians. Its combination of classic craftsmanship and modern technology results in a guitar that delivers exceptional sound, versatility, and user-friendliness. If you’re looking for a guitar that’s built to last, sounds fantastic, and looks great, then the Yamaha Revstar RS502 should be on your shortlist.
Yamaha Revstar RS502 properties
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: How do I change the pickups on my Yamaha Revstar RS502?
Changing pickups on your Yamaha Revstar RS502 is a straightforward process if you're familiar with guitar electronics. Here are some simple steps to help guide you through the process:
1. Gather necessary tools and materials: To change the pickups on your Revstar RS502, you will need a soldering iron, solder, de-oxit or contact cleaner spray, small phillips screwdriver, hex wrench set (1mm, 2mm, 3mm), wire cutters/strippers, and the desired replacement pickups.
2. Prepare your work area: Spread out a clean surface to place your guitar parts on during this project. It is recommended to work on a soft cloth or piece of cardboard to avoid scratching delicate components.
3. Remove strings and hardware: Unscrew the tremolo claw screws with your phillips screwdriver, then gently lift the entire bridge assembly upwards. Gently remove each string from its respective tuning post.
4. Remove pickguard and electronics cover: Using a small flathead screwdriver or guitar pick, pry off the plastic pickguard. Unscrew the four screws holding the electronics cover in place with your phillips screwdriver. Carefully lift the cover upwards and detach it from its clips.
5. Disconnect wiring harness: Gently pull out the wiring harness connected to the pickups. Be careful not to bend or break any pins. If necessary, use a hex wrench (2mm) to unscrew the ground wire from the pickup covers. This will make it easier to remove the pickups later.
6. Remove old pickups: Use your phillips screwdriver to loosen and remove the two mounting screws for each individual pickup. Carefully wiggle them out of their respective slots, being mindful not to damage the pickup cavity. Once removed, carefully unsolder the wires from the pickup leads.
7. Install new pickups: Ensure that your replacement pickups match the size and configuration of your original pickups. If necessary, adjust their height using shims or a screwdriver handle before installing them into place. Re-solder the pickup wiring leads according to your desired wiring scheme (standard or custom).
8. Reassemble: Carefully reattach each individual pickup back into its respective slot in the pickup cavity, making sure they are secured with their mounting screws. Reconnect the ground wire if it was removed during step 5.
9. Assemble guitar: Put all hardware and strings back on your Revstar RS502. Start by reattaching the electronics cover and securing it with its four screws. Then reinstall the bridge assembly, making sure that everything is lined up properly. Finally, put the strings through their respective tuning posts and retune your guitar to standard pitch.
10. Test: Plug in your Yamaha Revstar RS502 and test the sound of your new pickups. If needed, make any final adjustments to intonation or action.
"What are some recommended maintenance and care tips for the Yamaha Revstar RS502 electric guitar?"
Here are some recommended maintenance and care tips for your Yamaha Revstar RS502 electric guitar:
1. Regularly clean the strings: Cleaning the strings regularly is crucial to keeping your Revstar in good playing condition. You can either use a string cleaner or rub a clean cloth over the strings while strumming to remove dust and dirt.
2. Use the appropriate plectrums: Using hard, thick plectrums may damage the delicate finish of your Yamaha Revstar RS502. It's better to opt for softer, thinner plectrums that won’t scratch or mar the instrument's surface.
3. Store in a dry place: Keeping your Revstar RS502 in a cool and dry environment is essential as moisture can cause damage to the guitar's hardware and electronics. Avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures, direct sunlight, or humidity.
4. Regularly inspect the tuners: Make sure to check the tuners of your Revstar RS502 regularly for tightness and smooth operation. If they feel loose, apply a small amount of graphite or lubricating oil to keep them running smoothly.
5. Keep the fretboard clean: Use a soft cloth to gently wipe down the fretboard after every use. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasives as they can damage the fretboard finish.
6. Use a humidifier: If you live in an area with low humidity, consider using a small humidifier inside your guitar case to maintain the optimal humidity level for your instrument. This helps prevent warping and cracking of the wood.
7. Change strings regularly: Replace your Revstar RS502's strings every 3-4 months or whenever they start sounding dull or rusty. Changing strings helps maintain the guitar’s tone and plays a significant role in its durability.
8. Regularly check for loose parts: Inspect the hardware of your Yamaha Revstar RS502 regularly to ensure all parts are securely tightened. Loose screws, tuners, or hardware can lead to serious problems if left unattended.
9. Use a stand or case: Always store your guitar in its case when not in use, as it provides protection from potential damage caused by falls, bumps, or accidental knocks. If you don't have a case, at least invest in a good-quality guitar stand.
10. Consult a professional for major repairs: For significant issues such as electronics malfunctions, cracked wood, or broken parts, it's best to consult with an experienced guitar technician who can diagnose and fix the problem properly.
By following these maintenance and care tips, you’ll be able to keep your Yamaha Revstar RS502 in pristine condition for years to come.